Well I finally got around to some crafting this week, it is amazing how life takes over and weeks pass in a blink of an eye.
What really triggered the crafting off again was the knit and stitch show at the Olympia last weekend, it was just what I needed. I am pretty sure my husband and bank account are glad it is not on every weekend!
Oh there was so much I wanted to buy!
However I did not buy everything in sight, no matter how much I wanted to. I did pick up a few bits though…
- Two fat quarters of Fabric (yes, of course I needed more 😉 )
- A felt DIY notebook cover
- A pattern for a cosmetic case (because I would love to make one but I need some form of guidance)
- A lampshade making kit (I have been thinking about making my own for ages so when I saw it I knew I had to have it)
- last but not least a tote making kit (another thing i wanted to make but never had the confidence)
Well I had a go at the tote bag, it looked simple enough.
Oh boy did I underestimate my inability to read any sort of pattern/Instructions! I could have kicked myself a few times and found myself unpicking more then I was sewing, if that is at all possible?
But I like the end product:
I am not doing any close up pictures as my mistakes will be obvious but I do like the finished product and can’t wait to have another go at a tote, all I can say is I hope I learn from my mistakes.